During the 2009 Annual General Meeting (AGM), it was discussed that there would be an independent committee set up to review and suggest improvements to the operation of ATC. Resident, Richard Ng will steer this committee and is looking for two other residents to volunteer in this audit.
All three persons will provide a variety of skills and experience so as to perform effective audits of all aspects of operations undertaken by PMOs office eg complaint handling, office management and administration, financial and accounting processing, security and safety enforcements, building maintenance monitoring, IT systems and methods etc.
He will need two other persons to volunteer their services to the ATC Audit Committee; a person experienced in finance and accounting practices [ e.g. qualified accountant, finance manager ] and a person with Information Technology skills from an audit perspective [ preferably one with IT audit experience ].
The Accountant and /or Finance Auditor will need to be familiar in the following areas of work:
* producing monthly and quarterly management information reports
* budget processes
* project monitoring and costing
* Interpreting data, themes, patterns and trends through data analysis
* Conducting analysis and providing higher level reporting to the JMC
* Identifying opportunities for accounting improvement and developing proposals that will result in better performance measures.
* identify the areas of PMOs operations vis-a-vis accounting systems and methods that need to be strengthened in order to increase efficiency
* Ensure the completeness, timeliness and accuracy of accounting transactions and processing.
* Documentation of accounting procedures and processes and ensuring compliance with ATC standard operating procedures
As for the role of Information Technology Auditor in the Audit Committee, we need someone who has subject-matter expertise in Information Technology, preferably in IT Auditing. If such expertise is not available, then an IT professional with a sound understanding of how IT systems work and their impact on business performance would be fine.
If you have the necessary skills and you are interested in volunteering for your community, please email your CV to Richard at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 22, 2010.
PMO Posting Area >